Saturday, April 28, 2007

The rules of engagement

Today was like any other day for me. It was Saturday.

I got up at lunch time and ate hamburgers with my husband.

The afternoon was cold outside, so we dozed, played video games and watched DVDs. At night we let our two dogs inside, Suzie and Daniel, and watched a bit of TV. Our standard Saturday.

Nothing special happened today. Which is perfect for the experiment I am about to undertake.

I am a person who detests superstition in any way, shape or form.

I don't believe in star signs, lucky rabbits feet or putting money in a purse before it's given as a present.

I don't believe that you will find a better parking spot if you ask Jesus to help you get one.

I don't believe that misfortune will befall you if you walk under a ladder, see a black cat or break a mirror.

However, I'm going to put my beliefs to the test.

Each week I will undertake something that should either increase or decrease my luck.

I will document any lucky or unlucky events that occur to me each day. At the end of the week, on Saturday, I will make an assessment as to whether or not my luck improved or declined.

This week, starting tomorrow on Sunday, I will carry a crucifix around in my pocket each day.

We shall see what happens.

No comments: